An everyday Pregnancy to-do-List
A mix of emotions can be felt upon discovering you are pregnant. It is the best time of a woman’s life: pregnancy.
However, some women might disagree. Giddily, you may start imagining things and possible plans for the baby.
But before that, you will need a pregnancy to-do list!
We’ve set out guides per trimester
and considered a short overview of what you can expect during this time.
With this knowledge, you can be more prepared to welcome motherhood.
Because this is every mother’s guide through pregnancy.
First Trimester Pregnancy To-do List
It won’t be noticeable to others that you are pregnant within this trimester.
Nevertheless, during this time, you’ll feel a lot of changes within your body caused by hormonal changes.
Common indications of the first
trimester of pregnancy are morning sickness and breast tenderness and growth.
The first trimester is possibly the most interesting time of your pregnancy, especially if it’s your first baby.
Thus, here’s a checklist of things you need to do:
- Make an appointment with an OB for a pregnancy confirmation.
- After confirming, begin with your baby diary.
- Change your diet since you’ll need more nutrients than ever.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. Make sure to drink a lot of water.
- Stop drinking alcohol and quit smoking.
- Do light exercises.
- Take supplements and folic acid prescribed by your OB.
- Take a rest and get plenty of sleep!
- Talk to your doctor about your prenatal schedule.
- Plan a budget for the baby.
- Decide where you’d want to give birth.
- Decide whether you want to know the sex of your baby.
- Learn about maternity leave at your work.
- Get a dental check-up since you are more vulnerable to inflamed gingivitis and gums.
- Buy some comfortable clothes that will accommodate the changes in your body.
During Second Trimester of your pregnancy
The second trimester of your pregnancy starts in the 14th week. During this trimester, your belly will be noticeable.
As your uterus enlarges, the surrounding area of your ligaments will stretch, which
causes abdominal pain.
Also, as your belly pushes up to your lungs, you may experience difficulty in breathing.
You experience swelling in your feet or ankles, back pain, constipation, and heartburn too.
Additionally, the best part of this trimester is there is no morning sickness, and
you’ll feel more energized—the best time to outline things you need during your pregnancy.
- Start buying your maternity clothes.
- Buy some skincare products to ease itching sensations caused by your pregnancy.
- Continue to take care of your body.
- Arrange your baby stuff.
- Have a gender reveal.
- Have an ultrasound exam.
- Talk to your doctor about your delivery.
- Plan your baby shower.
- In addition, think of your baby’s name.
- Talk to your employer about your maternity leave.
Time of your pregnancy – Third Trimester
During third trimester, your belly will get bigger and bigger.
You may experience a loss of appetite since you may feel heavy with your belly.
Also, you can consult your OB for a change in blood
- Ready your baby’s things and clothes.
- Find a good pediatrician.
- Talk to some of your friends to lessen your anxiety.
- Take plenty of sleep and rest so that you will feel better.
- Do some light exercises to help with your delivery.
- And drink plenty of water.
- Have the things you and your baby will need.
- Name your baby.
- But, Pre-register with the hospital.
- Relax and wait for your delivery day!
As a soon-to-be parent, you would want to give your baby the best things in life.
But before you can give life to them, first, you need to give them the nutrients, love, and care they’ll need.
You need to give yourself the best time during pregnancy. Therefore, start checking things on your list,
and be ready to welcome your baby to your home!